ENTRi is an initiative funded by the European Commission (90%) and co-funded by its 12 implementing partners under the lead of the Center for International Peace Operations (ZIF) in Berlin. The programme began in 2011 and is set to run until May 2019. The total budget of the programme since its inception is 8 million Euro. The implementing partners are from different Member States of the European Union and Switzerland. ENTRi was created by the European Union’s Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace and is guided by the European Commission's Service for Foreign Policy Instruments (FPI), which is co-located with the European External Action Service.
So far, 1741 individuals of 97 different nationalities were trained in a total of 82 ENTRi courses.
What makes ENTRi unique is its set-up and its methodology. Key to ENTRi is the approach to facilitating enhanced European and wider international harmonisation and standardisation of courses, with a view to creating synergies between European and international institutions such as the UN and the OSCE. Another unique aspect is the inclusion of a vibrant mix of organisers (at least two training institutions from different European countries) and participants.
The Center for International Peace Operations (ZIF) implements ENTRi together with 11 partner institutions throughout Europe. Partners in the third project phase (2016-2019) can be found in the right-hand column.
Final Narrative Report ENTRi II
On the 31st of May 2016 ENTRi II came to an end after starting on the 1st of April 2013. During this highly fruitful second phase ENTRi successfully implemented 44 courses, training 994 participants of over 80 different nationalities and representatives of various European and international organisations. Other highlights and more details can be found in the Final Narrative Report here and the Annex here
At a Glance
Have a look through our compact and explanatory 'At a Glance' for more relevant information on ENTRi by clicking here
- Austrian Study Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution (ASPR), Austria
- Royal Institute for International Relations (Egmont), Belgium
- Diplomatic Institute, Bulgaria
- Crisis Management Centre (CMC), Finland
- Ecole Nationale d'Administration (ENA), France
- Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (SSSUP), Italy
- Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael (NIIB), Netherlands
- Centre for European Perspective (CEP), Slovenia
- Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA), Sweden
- Swiss Expert Pool for Civilian Peace Building (SEP), Switzerland
- Stabilisation Unit (SU), United Kingdom
In addition to consortium partners, ENTRi also cooperates closely with the following associate partners:
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- European Security and Defence College (ESDC)