What makes ENTRi unique is its set-up and its methodology. Key to ENTRi is the approach to facilitating enhanced European and wider international harmonisation and standardisation of courses, with a view to creating synergies between European and international institutions such as the UN or the OSCE. Another unique aspect is the inclusion of a vibrant mix of organisers (at least two training institutions from different European countries) and participants.
The Center for International Peace Operations (ZIF) implements ENTRi together with 12 partner institutions throughout Europe. Partners in the second project phase (2013-2016) include:
- Austrian Study Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution (ASPR), Austria
- Royal Institute for International Relations (Egmont), Belgium
- Danish Emergency Management Agency (DEMA), Denmark
- Crisis Management Centre (CMC), Finland
- Ecole Nationale d'Administration (ENA), France
- International Training Centre (ITC), Hungary
- Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (SSSUP), Italy
- Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael (NIIB), Netherlands
- Centre for European Perspective (CEP), Slovenia
- Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA), Sweden
- Swiss Expert Pool for Civilian Peace Building (SEP), Switzerland
- International Alert (Alert), United Kingdom
The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) and the United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations (UN-DPKO) are associates of the project.